BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beginning of medications

Today I started my lupron injections for our first (and hopefully only) IVF cycle.


I was very nervous. Sitting there with needle and looking at my tummy. Dreading what is to come and that today is just the start- next week I will be doing 3 injections a night.

Everything was fine once I just pulled myself together and got it done. I barely slept last night in anxiety about what was to come today with injections starting. Wasn't helpful that DH was not home tonight.

I have this week off work as I sprained my ankle pretty bad at work on Wednesday of last week. This week of has not been helpful with the starting of IVF and stress over what might work and what might not. Sitting on the couch all day I spend a lot of time looking up stuff on IVF, medications, how others respond to them and outcomes of others IVF cycles. There is way too much on the internet to make me feel both relieved and extra stressed!

On Thursday I have my suppression ultrasound and will find out when I get to start the rest of the injections. Both excited and nervous... wish me luck!   

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Tiffany, I found you through ComeonBaby's blog and then when I got here realized you were a follower and somehow I missed it! Anyway, are you an anchorage girl? I am too. Are you seeing Dr. Anderson? If so, and if you're on the long lupron protocol then we're on the same cycle, I also started Lupron on the 3rd!

Tiffany said...

I am an Anchorage girl! I am also seeing Dr Anderson. I have visited your blog but have been so fatigued by the lupron that I can barely finish reading! I am anxious but not really looking forward to adding shots tomorrow! Hard to believe we are on the exact same cycle!