BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Self injurious behavior

Is how I refer to the stims. I mean really- who gives themselves shots nightly knowing they will sting every time they go in? Oh just the infertility girls trying our best to have something that comes so easily to others!

Anyways, stims are going well. I continue to dread 7pm every night but did get a good report today from the Dr after much frustration yesterday. See I have this conundrum with this IVF. I have my IVF Dr, who I think is a fine Dr and I have my Dr that I have been seeing for awhile that does not trust this IVF Dr. So that being said the first Dr (we will call her Anchorage Dr) wanted me to have monitoring on Monday and stated this should not be a problem for IVF Dr and that monitoring would be fine and better done a little early. Well, this is what I did. Went for monitoring on Monday- waited ALL day to hear from EITHER Dr. Finally talked to Anchorage Dr and she said everything looked good and couldn't understand why IVF Dr did not call me. After a message to IVF Dr I heard from his aide (around 8pm) and she did not seem happy and reported that I would be required to repeat the same tests the next morning. She was not happy that Anchorage Dr was trying to be in charge and reported this makes things too confusing (which I understand, but frustrated). UGH- tears, upset, very hormonal. Just trying to please the world and felt like I was in IVF hell.

Come this morning- still grumpy, did get a new appointment and it went fine. The thing that kills me about these appointments (other then the cost) is that my left ovary likes to hide behind my bowel, the joys of endo and having things attached to things that they should not be- thus making these appointments twice as long as any other person and quite painful! The pain from these appointments is why we stopped doing fertility treatments over a year ago because I could not physically or emotionally handle them. So this is not a fun place for me to be let alone two days in a row! 

In the long run everything was fine today. I have about (again an about because of the near impossibility of seeing my left ovary) 8 follies that are above 10 so in really good shape for being ready for retrieval. I also have quite a few that are right there close to 10 that will probably be ready as well- so a positive day after the frustrations of last night. Considering TWO cycles of girls who's blogs I follow with this same Dr have been canceled in less then a week I am very relieved to know that somehow I am lucky and will be continuing, at least for now.

The plan for the rest of the week is monitoring on Friday and I am assuming trigger will be shortly after that. Hopefully they will be able to see my left ovary better on Friday. The ultrasound tech and Dr decided that maybe we will be able to see left ovary better if I do an enema before the appointment- yeah that's right, an enema!  I am not thrilled but this is just another joy of infertility and the things some of us do to try to have a baby.

0 comments: