BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 2, 2011

A brief history...

My husband and I have been married for 6 and 3/4 years. Never used birth control and never been pregnant- ever, never seen 2 lines on a pregnancy test and believe me I have taken enough pregnancy tests for over dozen fertile women to suffice their lifetimes.

Starting in grad school (around 2004) I wondered what was going on with me. I started having increasing pain with AF (aunt flo). Lo and behold when I finally looked further into it (starting in early 2009) it was suspected I had endo and later had surgery (June of 09) to confirm that diagnosis and treat it as much as possible.  Coming out of surgery my MD reported that I was "the worst case she had seen in a long time." The endo was everywhere even on my ovaries which she could not treat. It was hypothesized at that time that at least one of my tubes did not function but the second probably did- we proceeded with 2 IUI's- both negative. We also found out in the mix of everything that DH does have some male factor but nothing that should prevent pregnancy for this long.

A year later and post a 6 month lupron treatment for the endo pain here we are starting IVF with a MD who believes neither of my tubes work which means previous treatments were a big waste of time and money.

So here we go- starting lupron tomorrow. Please God let this be our turn for a baby.

0 comments: